Vitex Agnus Castus
Product name: Casteberry Oil
Botanical name: Vitex Agnus Castus L. FAMILY: Verbenaceae, ENGLISH: Chaste tree
Be natural, be healthy, be your own
Nature hides a cure for every disease. You just have to find it. Lets find your cure together.
Welcome to our world, where we take care of the safety of your trust bottle. Besides healing, sterilization is the most important thing to minimize the possibility of infections. We do it in the way that organic standards and certificates require us to do. No chemicals. At high temperatures, each one separately, because every bottle is more than just a product. It's our gift to you.
Essential oil obtained by steam distillation of tops of twigs with the ripe berries of Caste tree.
Our advanced distillation system blends traditional skills with modern scientific approaches in order to produce high-quality essential oils and derivatives.
The main chemical :%
ά –Pinene +Thujeneά …..6,25
β – Pinene…..1,68
ά -T erpinene…..1,68
g – Terpinene + trans beta ocimene…..3,15
β – Caryophyllene…..3,70
β – Fernesene (E)…..5,27
ά Terpineol+terpenyl acetate….. 5,72
mucolytic, cell regenerating, sedative, antiviral, neurologic, analgesic, digestive, spasmolytic.
A-B Pinene // Sabinene // Myrcene
stimulant, antiviral, antitumor, decongestant, antibacterial, hepatoprotective.
Terpinene // terpinene4-ol
antioxidant, anti-proliferative, show antimicrobial properties against various human pathogens.
Has strongly aromatic properties which make it commonly used ingrediant in soaps, perfumes, lotions.
play a role in anti-pain effects, also has ability to protect the body and brain from diseases.
It has a history of being used as an expectorant and an antiseptic.
Anti-inflamatory, anti-fungal and antibacterial. It helps people who suffer from cases such as arthritis.
It has suppress production of several different inflammatory substance. It can help treat symptoms of diabetes.
It has a wide range of biological applications as an antioxidant, anticancer, anticonvulsant, antiulcer and used to enhance skin penetration.
Casteberry Oil Benefits
- depressed mood
- breast pain and tenderness
Researchers believe that vitex works by decreasing levels of the hormone prolactin. This helps rebalance other hormones, including estrogen and progesterone — thus reducing PMS symptoms
In one study, women with PMS took Vitex agnus-castus during three consecutive menstrual cycles. In total, 93 percent of those given vitex reported a decrease in PMS symptoms, including:
However, the study didn’t include a control group, and placebo effects can’t be ruled out
In two smaller studies, women with PMS were given 20 mg of Vitex agnus-castus per day or a placebo for three menstrual cycles.
Twice as many women in the vitex group reported a decrease in symptoms including irritability, mood swings, headaches and breast fullness, compared to those given the placebo
Vitex agnus-castus also appears to help reduce cyclic mastalgia, a type of breast pain linked to menstruation. Research suggests that it may be as effective as common drug treatment — but with far fewer side effects
However, two recent reviews report that although vitex appears helpful in reducing PMS symptoms, its benefits may be overestimated
Better-designed studies may be needed before strong conclusions can be made.
May reduce menopause symptoms
The hormone-balancing effects of Vitex agnus-castus may also help relieve symptoms of menopause.
In one study, vitex oils were given to 23 women in menopause. Women reported improved menopause symptoms, including better mood and sleep. Some even regained their period
In a follow-up study 52 additional pre- and postmenopausal women were given a vitex cream. Of the study participants, 33 percent experienced major improvements, and another 36 percent reported moderate improvements in symptoms, including night sweats and hot flashes
However, not all studies have observed benefits. One recent and larger double-blind, randomized, controlled trial — the gold standard in research — gave women a placebo or a daily tablet containing a combination of vitex and St. John’s wort.
After 16 weeks, the vitex supplement was no more effective than the placebo at reducing hot flashes, depression or any other menopausal symptoms
Keep in mind that in many studies reporting benefits, women were provided with supplements that mixed Vitex agnus-castus with other herbs. Therefore, it’s difficult to isolate the effects of vitex alone.
May enhance fertility
Vitex may improve female fertility due to its possible effect on prolactin levels
This may be especially true in women with luteal phase defect, or a shortened second half of the menstrual cycle. This disorder is linked to abnormally high prolactin levels and makes it difficult for women to become pregnant.
In one study, 40 women with abnormally high prolactin levels were given either 40 mg of Vitex agnus-castus or a pharmaceutical drug. Vitex was as effective as the drug in reducing prolactin levels
In another study in 52 women with luteal phase defect, 20 mg of vitex resulted in lower prolactin levels and prolonged menstrual phases, while participants given a placebo saw no benefits
Yet another study gave 93 women — who had unsuccessfully tried to become pregnant over the last 6–36 months — a supplement containing Vitex agnus-castus or a placebo.
After three months, women in the vitex group experienced an improved hormone balance — and 26 percent of them became pregnant. In comparison, only 10 percent of those in the placebo group became pregnant
Keep in mind that the supplement held a mix of other ingredients, making it difficult to isolate the effects of vitex.
Irregular periods can also hamper women in planning a pregnancy. Three additional studies report that vitex is more effective than a placebo in improving menstrual cycles in women with irregular periods
Helps prevent insect bites
Vitex may also help keep a variety of insects at bay.
In one study, an extract made from vitex seeds helped repel mosquitoes, flies, ticks, and fleas for about six hours
Another study revealed that a spray containing vitex and other plant extracts protected against head lice for at least seven hours
Research further shows that vitex may kill lice larva and impede adult lice reproduction
Other potential benefits
Vitex may also offer a range of additional benefits, including:
- Reduced headaches. In one study, women prone to migraines given vitex daily for three months reduced the number of headaches they experienced during their menstrual cycles by 66 percent ,However, the study didn’t include a control group, making it impossible to know whether vitex was responsible for these benefits.
- Antibacterial and antifungal effects. Test-tube studies show that essential oils made from vitex may fight harmful fungi and bacteria, including Staphylococcus and Salmonella bacteria
- Keep in mind that essential oils should not be consumed, and vitex supplements are unlikely to reduce the risk of infections.
- Reduced inflammation. Test-tube and animal studies suggest that compounds in vitex may have anti-inflammatory properties. However, their effects aren’t stronger than those of aspirin
- Bone repair. In one study, women with bone fractures given a combination of vitex and magnesium had slightly increased markers for bone repair than those given a placebo
- Epilepsy prevention. Animal studies suggest that vitex may reduce the likelihood of epileptic seizures
Vitex has been traditionally used to treat a wide variety of ailments. However, many of its uses are currently unsupported by scientific evidence.
The most popular unsubstantiated uses include:
- Breastfeeding. While an old study postulated that vitex may boost milk supply in nursing women, the overall evidence is weak and controversial
- Pain reduction. Though research links vitex to numbed pain receptors in rats, no human studies have been done
- Treating endometriosis. Vitex may normalize hormonal imbalances, which could theoretically reduce symptoms of endometriosis, a female gynecologic disorder. However, no studies confirm this.
- Baldness prevention. The hormone-balancing effects of vitex are sometimes claimed to boost hair growth in men. However, no research can be found to support this claim.
- Acne treatment. Three studies assert that vitex may reduce acne faster than conventional treatments. However, these studies are decades old. Newer research hasn’t confirmed these effects